Monday 20 June 2011

Just because I don't need them, doesn't mean I don't want them.

Now I'm not usually a big fan of trainers. They're clumpy, not very ladylike and my mum always said that my Vans made me look like I had my feet in two sponge puddings. But hightops however, are a different story.

Especially THESE ones:

reebok-ww-2
Oh yes, that's right, Wonder Woman Reeboks. Now I know they came out in 2009, but I love them so much I have to show them to you. Apart from the fact they look a darn sight comfier and less depressing than my plain old black Vans, they have a certain quirky vintage look about them that I quite like. With skinny jeans in Winter, or shorts in Summer, they look great all year round.

reebok-ww-3
reebok-ww-1

I love the way they're cheesy, but not too cheesy. Ok so they're bright metallic colours with gold detail and bright white laces, but that was what the 70s TV series was all about, with the big, loud <<SHAZAMs>> and the <<KAPOWs>>! And Reebok have done really well with the overall design of the shoe: they could've just whacked a cartoon of the lady herself onto the sides and be done with it, but instead they've highlighted each section of the shoe with a different part of Wonder Woman's costume.

And now, here's Converse's take on Wonder Woman:



I love converse. I've been living in the same pair of (RED) Converse for over a year now and they're falling apart but I don't care. But these? Oh deary me Converse. Where's the bright colours to reflect the <<POW!>> <<WHACK!>> <<BOOM!>> of old comic book heros? Pastel colours don't exactly reflect superhuman strength or laser vision or flying powers. It's like super heros have gone girly. Too girly.

I can't find the Reeboks on the web at the moment, but when I do (and I will), they are going straight to the top of my birthday list this year to match my Wonder Woman phone case and mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment